TEL: 021 855 0395
TEL: 021 855 0395
- A top-class favorite on the Chobe river. One of the best lodges in Kasane with luxury rooms and excellent activity options.
- This superior lodge is an ultimate luxury experience with breathtaking views, a 9 hole golf course and restaurant.
- One of the only self-catering lodgings in Kasane, Chobe River Cottages offers beautiful self-catering units.
- Luxury accommodation and specialized photo safaris for photographers and bird watchers.
- Kubu Lodge is a cool sanctuary on the banks of the Chobe river with attractive wooden bungalows and a beautiful garden.
- Self-catering and camping near Kasane. The waterhole provides excellent game viewing. Only 18 km from Chobe National Park.
- Accommodation, well positioned on the Chobe river with excellent activities. Camping is also available with private ablution.
- Self-catering chalets with good facilities close to the river. Cool off in the swimming pool, take a boat cruise or go for a game drive in Chobe National Park.
- Camping and comfortable accommodation close to the Chobe National Park. A good option for those who are watching their budget.
Kasane is a small, but very busy town situated where the four countries Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Zambia meet. It is the best place to enter the Chobe National Park or better known as the Chobe Game Reserve, especially if the Victoria Falls and Okavango Delta is also on your itinerary. There are no fences between the village of Kasane and the Chobe National Park. So don’t be too amazed if you see a hippo or elephant wandering down the road!
Kasane is the gateway to the Chobe National Park on the southern bank of the Chobe River. While you are in Kasane, definitely include a sunset cruise on the Chobe River in your plans. Chobe Game Reserve sunsets are the subject of many photographs of the African bush, so you are guaranteed of seeing a perfect postcard sunset.
Along the Sedudu Valley Road leading out of Kasane in Botswana, you will spot a number of dead trees. These trees are often decorated by a lazy leopard or two, watching the passing traffic. The Sedudu Island in the Chobe River is a favourite grazing place for elephant, buffalo as well as hippo and you will be able to spot rare African bird species, for example the half-collared kingfisher and the African finfoot. Tourists keen on fishing will be happy to know that the Chobe River offers good opportunities for fishing, especially bream and tigerfishes. The many accommodation establishments around Chobe National Park, provide fishing tackle and boat safaris. You might find a visit to the Inchingo fishing camp near Kasane to be worth your while.
Kasane and the Chobe region have a number of interesting spots to visit, the old baobab tree being no exception. In the early part of the previous century the hollow, gnarled trunk was used as a prison before the current gaol was built. If you feel like something more adventurous, a trip down the Kasane Rapids, a short distance from town will be very exciting.